Xiaomi a China-based company has released a number of various smart gadgets this year, but they also develop their own software. Their MIUI OS is actually an Android-based OS which comes pre-installed on their phones and tablets. Xiaomi has unveiled a new version of MIUI, MIUI 7, earlier this year, both the Chinese and the international variant of the OS. That being said, the company has released a confirmation that MIUI 7 will begin rolling out to their devices on October 27th, and that’s exactly what happened today.
The stable build of MIUI 7 has begun rolling out to Xiaomi-branded devices. The beta build has been around for quite some time now, in case you didn’t know. Anyhow, the update is currently rolling out to following handsets:
- Xiaomi Mi 3,
- Mi 4, Mi Pad,
- Mi Note,
- Redmi 1S 3G,
- Redmi Note 4G,
- Redmi 2 (Prime).
Related : Xiaomi Global State Build – In Detail
The update will roll out to these devices gradually, as it’s usually the case. If you simply cannot wait for the update to hit your phone, you can always manually download the ROM for the device and flash it. These are not the only devices that will get the update though, many more Xiaomi-branded smartphones will receive MIUI 7 in the future.
Top Features & Improvements
How to Download MiUi 7 Update
If you’re using MIUI V5/MIUI 6 stable version on your device, you can use anyone of the following 3 methods to upgrade to MIUI 7. It’s recommended to back up user data before updating.Method 1: OTA update
You can use this method if you’re using MIUI V5/MIUI 6 stable version on your device. You will not receive OTA update on your device if you’re using China developer version or Global beta build
1. Find ‘Updater’ app on your device -> Check for update.
2. Press ‘Update’ if you’ve received the update on your device
3. After the download is completed, press Reboot now
4. And you can enjoy MIUI 7 on your phone now!
Method 2: Flash Recovery ROM
2. Go to Updater. Press the three dot on the top right corner, and select ‘Choose update package’. Choose the downloaded ROM file in last step, and your device will update automatically
Method 3: Update using Mi PC Suite
2. Turn off your device, press the Power button and Volume- button at the same time to enter Fastboot mode
3. Connect your device with the computer with a USB cable
4. Open Mi PC Suite and let it find your device. Then select ‘Update’. If the update is avaible, click ‘Update now’
5. Wait untill the ROM is successfully flashed on your device, and welcome to the world of MIUI 7
Source : en.miui